Where IT Leaders Connect
Why Should You Join SIM DFW?
Joining SIM connects you with top IT leaders in the industry, including: CIOs, senior IT executives, prominent academicians, consultants, and other top IT professionals.
The DFW Chapter membership is designed to attract senior Information Technology (IT) executives from as broad a spectrum of industries, academia, and consulting as possible. It is believed that members can achieve the greatest benefit from SIM membership if the programs and interaction are focused on diverse senior IT executives.
These guidelines are not intended to be rigid rules to be applied mechanically in all cases. Membership applications will be reviewed and approved by the SIM DFW Board of Directors to ensure that emphasis on senior IT executives is preserved.
Join SIM DFW Today! Network, develop your career, and share knowledge with a valuable cohort of industry peers at both a regional and a national level. SIM DFW welcomes senior level professionals, managers, academics, consultants and other leaders in IT and business who are committed to advancing the IT profession, developing the next generation of IT leaders, supporting the development of youth and encouraging individuals to consider IT as a career path. It truly is “Where IT Leaders Connect”.
Why Invest in Membership?
Local Meetings and Events
With 42 SIM chapters, members around the country have multiple opportunities to network, exchange information, and learn about what’s new in the industry.
Discounts to Regional and National Event
Meet other IT executives at a regional CIO Forum or at SIM’s premier annual event, SIM Connect Live.
Special Interest Working Groups
Our forums a powerful way to gain a professional edge through collaboration with peers across industries and geographies. The following groups are available to SIM members:
- SIM Women
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT Procurement
Targeted Industry Insights
SIM’s Advanced Practices Council (APC) is a community of CIOs who commission academic research on IT management topics. APC research reports feature real-world case studies and applications, providing important actionable insights that are made available to all SIM members.
MIS Quarterly Executive (MISQE) is a journal dedicated to publishing high-quality research that IT executives can use. This is not the theoretical stuff of academic journals, this publication grew out of the need for current, practical research. SIM members have access to the entire MISQE Reference Library, which contains a listing of all articles published since its inception in June 2002.
SIM’s Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) is an intensive, nine-month program focused on creating authentic leaders. It is designed to help CIOs develop their high potential IT leaders/managers. SIM members receive a discount.
Opportunities to Give Back
SIM offers an active STEM outreach program to support the future IT workforce development. Chapters have sponsored STEM initiatives from kindergarten through college. This outreach has drawn almost $200,000 in annual donations for an assortment of national programs.
Weekly and Monthly Newsletters
SIM Connect tackles today’s most relevant issues, gathered from sources like The Associated Press, The New York Times, Financial Times and the leading industry publications. SIM News Extra is a monthly newsletter, which contains a compilation of association news, articles of interest, interviews and industry insights.
The SIM online library contains information on hundreds of relevant topics gathered from a variety of sources. It is made exclusively available to SIM members.
- White papers focused on IT thought leadership provided by SIM partners
- Submissions for the SIM Paper Awards Competition, which is SIM’s annual research contest that has attracted nationally recognized researchers for several years
- Working group deliverables
- Past annual conference presentations
- Past academic workshop presentations
Access to 50+ chapter meetings, conferences, round-table discussions, and seminars annually.
- Attend all Chapter Meetings and Events. Hear and learn from top-notch speakers on a variety of topics.
- Networking and knowledge sharing with peers who understand and manage similar experiences and issues via SIM’s online community. For CIO’s, SIM DFW is also a great opportunity to help develop the next generation of IT leaders by inviting your direct reports and other high performing employees to join the chapter and participate in its career development programs and activities.
- Education and advocacy on industry issues, trends and challenges.
- Membership in SIM National, the premier professional organization for top information systems executives, including innovative workshops and programs.
- Give back to the community through our active Outreach efforts.
- Advance you or your team’s skills with exclusive access to the SIM Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) providing industry training for future IT leaders.
Join SIM Dallas! Network and share knowledge with a valuable cohort of industry peers at both a regional and a national level. SIM Dallas welcomes senior level professionals, managers, academics, consultants and other leaders in IT and business.
Qualifications for Membership
The Chapter is primarily intended for chief information and/or technology officers. All applications are reviewed for acceptance. Total membership is targeted to be a minimum of 70% information systems executives and senior practitioners, and the remaining 30% academicians and senior professionals from consulting firms and other service organizations in the information systems field.
The Chapter adheres to a strict policy against any marketing of commercial activities; therefore, sales and marketing executives are not eligible for membership.
Membership in the Chapter includes membership in SIM International. As a chapter member, you will receive all the benefits of, and access to, being a member of a large international organization.
2023 SIM DFW Membership Dues
- $410 Individual For-Profit
- $330 Individual Non-Profit
- $140 Dallas Retired Non-Profit
- $180 Dallas Retired For-Profit
- $1170 Enterprise Basic (3 or more members)
Select the category below and fill out all requested information and submit. After your application is reviewed by the Membership Committee you will be contacted regarding next steps.